GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mangos are SO good (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/147343-mangos-so-good.html)

[email protected] 04-07-2006 08:56 AM

Mangos are SO good

Lately I've become addicted to mangos.
They are so revitalizing.
They make me feel good, but unlike a lot of vegetables they taste
great!
Tonight I made my first smoothie!
I made it with a mango, plain yogurt, ice, milk, and sugar.
It made my whole brain spark up! It's instantly addicting!
It was so refreshing on a hot summer night.
I'm gonna be making a LOT of smoothies this summer!

Will Kemppainen 05-07-2006 12:43 AM

Mangos are SO good

I agree. I think they are the best tasting fruit I've ever had.

That some people aren't so crazy about mangos makes me believe we all taste
and smell things somewhat differently.

oups.com...

Harry Chickpea 05-07-2006 12:59 AM

Mangos are SO good

Top posting for consistancy-

Mangos are tricky. They are of the same family? as poison ivy or some
other nasty plant, but they sure taste good. I get mouth sores if I
overdo on mango, but I love the Keat variety.

"Will Kemppainen" wk @ ooloo.com wrote:

I agree. I think they are the best tasting fruit I've ever had.

That some people aren't so crazy about mangos makes me believe we all taste
and smell things somewhat differently.

roups.com...

John Savage 07-07-2006 01:51 PM

Mangos are SO good

(Harry Chickpea) writes:
Mangos are tricky. They are of the same family? as poison ivy or some
other nasty plant, but they sure taste good. I get mouth sores if I
overdo on mango, but I love the Keat variety.

The tropical north of Australia has the ideal climate for growing mangoes.
There is a variety that is never marketted, but you can find growing semi-
wildly in twos or threes in open paddocks or some backyards in North
Queensland, and this variety is known as turpentine mango. It has the un-
mistakeable odour of turpentine--that's ordinary paint thinner here in Oz.
When there are no other mangoes in season these turpentine mangoes are an
okay substitute for the mango-deprived. They are smallish and a bit stringy,
but it's like eating an ordinary mango in a room that has been freshly
painted. You grow to like them when there are none better.

Any local readers able to say whether the turpentine mango is a native of
Australia, otherwise where would it have come from? Perhaps early growers
found that it was useful for pollination or something?

Crosspost added.