GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Green bean production (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/147931-green-bean-production.html)

Wild Bill 21-07-2006 08:44 PM

Green bean production

My green bean (bush) production has been awfully slow, with several days
between flushes. One expert says that beans don't like this 100 plus degree
heat we've been experiencing. Does anyone know of a link or research source
that will verify that? I always thought beans liked the summer heat!

Regards,
Bill

[email protected] 22-07-2006 12:55 AM

Green bean production

I have never had trouble with bean production in hot weather. It is
106 here today and mine are doing fine.

I use a lot of compost and manure in the soil, keep them well mulched
with cedar mulch, and spray every week with Garrett Juice.

Maryc 28-07-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Bill
My green bean (bush) production has been awfully slow, with several days
between flushes. One expert says that beans don't like this 100 plus degree
heat we've been experiencing. Does anyone know of a link or research source
that will verify that? I always thought beans liked the summer heat!

Regards,
Bill

Are yu watering them? they grow pretty quickly with a good amount of water.