Old 21-07-2006, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wild Bill

Default Green bean production

My green bean (bush) production has been awfully slow, with several days
between flushes. One expert says that beans don't like this 100 plus degree
heat we've been experiencing. Does anyone know of a link or research source
that will verify that? I always thought beans liked the summer heat!

Regards,
Bill

Old 22-07-2006, 12:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

I have never had trouble with bean production in hot weather. It is
106 here today and mine are doing fine.

I use a lot of compost and manure in the soil, keep them well mulched
with cedar mulch, and spray every week with Garrett Juice.

Old 28-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Registered User

Location: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill
My green bean (bush) production has been awfully slow, with several days
between flushes. One expert says that beans don't like this 100 plus degree
heat we've been experiencing. Does anyone know of a link or research source
that will verify that? I always thought beans liked the summer heat!

Regards,
Bill
Are yu watering them? they grow pretty quickly with a good amount of water.

Is a runner bean a runner bean lloyd United Kingdom 9 28-09-2009 10:12 PM
Green Bean spacing Byram Lass Texas 0 06-04-2006 03:59 AM
dwarf french bean or broad bean? Amber Ormerod United Kingdom 12 06-09-2004 04:17 PM
Green Bean Harvesting Jackee Edible Gardening 4 21-07-2004 04:02 AM
foiling the squash vine borer-now: green bean question Julia Altshuler Gardening 3 02-06-2003 04:08 AM