GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anyone use coffee grinds for your garden? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/149249-anyone-use-coffee-grinds-your-garden.html)

George.com 07-09-2006 09:34 AM

Anyone use coffee grinds for your garden?

"Evelyn McHugh" wrote in message
Steve Peek wrote:
Agree, no weed seeds.
Steve
"Compostman" wrote in message

"James" wrote in message
groups.com...

What's your choice between horse apples, cow pies, and used coffee?

I vote for the coffee grounds.

good all round fertiliser, mulch and soil conditioner. As far as I know
there is no standing period for coffee grounds. Last weekend I fertilised my
lawns at the start of the spring growing season. I have it sitting on
gardens as a mulch to slowly work its way in to the beds, I have it mixed
with mulch under trees and I have it added in to my compost to enrichen it.
And its free.

rob

George.com 08-09-2006 12:23 PM

Anyone use coffee grinds for your garden?

"BFan" wrote in message
If you use manure from a grazing animal, make sure it is thoroughly
composted!!! I made the mistake one of using some horse maure too green.

infested the garden with cocoa grass. I took years to get rid of it.

simple thing to do there is companion plant some icing sugar grass alongside
it. After a season you will have a nice sweet glaze for baking.

rob

neilbrrian 19-05-2011 07:21 PM

This is not true. Coffee are abutting to pH neutral. People accept that because coffee is acidic, again the area are as well, but that's not true. The acerbic in coffee beans is actual baptize soluble, abrogation the area with very little acerbic remaining.