GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bramble/blackberry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/152713-bramble-blackberry.html)

davholla 30-01-2007 05:47 PM

Bramble/blackberry

I want to grow blackberries next to a wall but could it damage the wall / foundations ?

Maryc 30-01-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davholla
I want to grow blackberries next to a wall but could it damage the wall / foundations ?

I have Blackberries growing along my Husbands shop. We put them there as a protection against those that might want to break in the windows. They would have quite a time getting out of those brambles. Any way they are producing greatly and we don't seem to have any troubles with them messing up the slab that the shop is built on.
Mary