Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2007, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Hud Hud is offline

Default New to gardening

I live in Ohio (zone 5) and I'm starting a small vegetable garden in the
backyard this year. It is 7'x8'. I figure it is wise to start small the
first year and, if all goes well, increase it's size next year. I've never
gardened before - ever. The only thing I've done so far is dig up the
garden with a shovel. I got rid of all the grass sod and several rocks.
The soil is mostly clay, so I'm going to add some sand and good dark soil.
I will either rent or buy a tiller. I figure after the garden is tilled all
I have to do is plant. I figure the end of May to be good for that. Does
anyone know any good vegetable gardening websites? I'm particularly
interested in zone 5 gardening. I'm looking forward to participating in
this group.