GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plastic Mulch? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/159495-plastic-mulch.html)

Nartker 02-06-2007 02:23 PM

Plastic Mulch?

Has anyone figured out a good way to cut red plastic mulch when planting?

R M. Watkin 02-06-2007 05:56 PM

Plastic Mulch?

Hi All.

Take a sharp knife and cut a cross in the plastic mulch. Peel the corners
back, plant in the hole and then replace the corners back. Hope this helps
you.

Richard M. Watkin.

~~ Shelly ~~[_2_] 03-06-2007 08:36 AM

Plastic Mulch?

" Nartker" wrote in message
Has anyone figured out a good way to cut red plastic mulch when planting?

Lay it out and cut off to length using a box cutter. Cut largish X's where
the plants are to go and plant in the center of the X. Trim a bit of the
'tips' so that the plastic isn't actually touching the stalk.

Was that what you meant or did I just completely misunderstand the question?

~~ Shelly ~~

Puckdropper 03-06-2007 09:23 AM

Plastic Mulch?

"~~ Shelly ~~" wrote in
:

box cutter.

Which one? I've got about a dozen different tools that will cut boxes
with no trouble at all. If I tell my little sister to cut the flap off
the box and she does it, she's also a box cutter...

Sorry, you've inadvertantly hit on one of my pet-peeves. The tool in
question is most likely a utility knife, not a "box cutter."

Puckdropper

Omelet 04-06-2007 11:07 AM

Plastic Mulch?

In article ,
Jan Flora wrote:

In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

"~~ Shelly ~~" wrote in
:

box cutter.

Which one? I've got about a dozen different tools that will cut boxes
400 nnrp1-asbnva.moreusenet.net: Session timeout.
(spool server died prior to completion of the article dump)

Use the sharp one.

lol!!!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Jan Flora 04-06-2007 12:00 PM

Plastic Mulch?

In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

"~~ Shelly ~~" wrote in
:

box cutter.

Which one? I've got about a dozen different tools that will cut boxes
400 nnrp1-asbnva.moreusenet.net: Session timeout.
(spool server died prior to completion of the article dump)

Use the sharp one.

--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.