Old 02-06-2007, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Plastic Mulch?

Has anyone figured out a good way to cut red plastic mulch when planting?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Hi All.

Take a sharp knife and cut a cross in the plastic mulch. Peel the corners
back, plant in the hole and then replace the corners back. Hope this helps
you.

Richard M. Watkin.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

" Nartker" wrote in message
Has anyone figured out a good way to cut red plastic mulch when planting?

Lay it out and cut off to length using a box cutter. Cut largish X's where
the plants are to go and plant in the center of the X. Trim a bit of the
'tips' so that the plastic isn't actually touching the stalk.

Was that what you meant or did I just completely misunderstand the question?

~~ Shelly ~~

Old 03-06-2007, 09:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"~~ Shelly ~~" wrote in
:

box cutter.

Which one? I've got about a dozen different tools that will cut boxes
with no trouble at all. If I tell my little sister to cut the flap off
the box and she does it, she's also a box cutter...

Sorry, you've inadvertantly hit on one of my pet-peeves. The tool in
question is most likely a utility knife, not a "box cutter."

Puckdropper

Old 04-06-2007, 11:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Jan Flora wrote:

In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

"~~ Shelly ~~" wrote in
:

box cutter.

Which one? I've got about a dozen different tools that will cut boxes
400 nnrp1-asbnva.moreusenet.net: Session timeout.
(spool server died prior to completion of the article dump)

Use the sharp one.

lol!!!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

"~~ Shelly ~~" wrote in
:

box cutter.

Which one? I've got about a dozen different tools that will cut boxes
400 nnrp1-asbnva.moreusenet.net: Session timeout.
(spool server died prior to completion of the article dump)

Use the sharp one.

--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.