GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   All my beets (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/165758-all-my-beets.html)

Potager 11-10-2007 09:58 AM

All my beets

I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18 varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the picure of all my beets.

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

Boron Elgar 11-10-2007 03:23 PM

All my beets

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:58:09 +0100, Potager
wrote:

I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

Thank you for *all* those lovely photographs. Quite a collection.

What camera are you using?

Boron

The Ranger[_1_] 11-10-2007 03:30 PM

All my beets

Potager wrote in message
I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the
spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of
all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

Wow! That would be a heavenly harvest indeed! How many of each did
you plant and were there any outstanding favorites that will make
you commit a larger portion of your plot towards next year?

Roasted beets are divine, too.

The Ranger

Omelet[_2_] 11-10-2007 06:40 PM

All my beets

--
Potager

Wild and wicked artistic pic.

Well done! applause
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

David Hare-Scott 12-10-2007 10:38 AM

All my beets

"Potager" wrote in message

I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

Very nice. how about some tasting notes on the various cultivars?

David

doofy 13-10-2007 05:17 AM

All my beets

Potager wrote:
I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

How much can I harvest my beet greens without affecting the bulbs?

Omelet[_2_] 14-10-2007 11:36 AM

All my beets

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Potager wrote:
I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

How much can I harvest my beet greens without affecting the bulbs?

lol I like the greens more than the beets too, so I'd be interested in
this as well.

I was pleased to see Beets with Greens for sale at Wal-mart this morning.
But, they were WAY too expensive! About $1.00 per beet so I gave them a
pass.

SNUGASABUGXXX 16-10-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potager (Post 753632)
I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18 varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the picure of all my beets.

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

They look brilliant! Beetroot is one of my favourite vegetables - i only wish they weren't so messy to prepare!

sockiescat 06-11-2007 04:03 AM

SNUGASABUGXXX;754552]They look brilliant! Beetroot is one of my favourite vegetables - i only wish they weren't so messy to prepare!

wow your beets are great. i didnt realize that there were so many different
varieties. ill have to look and see what i can find to try this coming year in
our raised garden boxes. thanks for sharing your great beets with us :).
cyaaaaaaaa, sockiescat :).

globalart4u 11-11-2007 05:24 PM

wow they are really great. we planted some this year for the first time they gave nothing just a very tiny stringy long thing. i'll try again next year. did you add any extra compost or something or just plant straight into the ground so i know what to do next year.