Old 11-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered User

Location: Denmark
Default All my beets

I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18 varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the picure of all my beets.

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:58:09 +0100, Potager
wrote:

I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

Thank you for *all* those lovely photographs. Quite a collection.

What camera are you using?

Boron
Old 11-10-2007, 03:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Potager wrote in message
I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the
spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of
all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

Wow! That would be a heavenly harvest indeed! How many of each did
you plant and were there any outstanding favorites that will make
you commit a larger portion of your plot towards next year?

Roasted beets are divine, too.

The Ranger

Old 11-10-2007, 06:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

--
Potager

Wild and wicked artistic pic.

Well done! applause
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein
Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Potager" wrote in message

I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

Very nice. how about some tasting notes on the various cultivars?

David

Old 13-10-2007, 05:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Potager wrote:
I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

How much can I harvest my beet greens without affecting the bulbs?
Old 14-10-2007, 11:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Potager wrote:
I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I
decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18
varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the 'picure of all my
beets' (http://tinyurl.com/25kmxw).

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!

How much can I harvest my beet greens without affecting the bulbs?

lol I like the greens more than the beets too, so I'd be interested in
this as well.

I was pleased to see Beets with Greens for sale at Wal-mart this morning.
But, they were WAY too expensive! About $1.00 per beet so I gave them a
pass.

Old 16-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potager View Post
I'm kind of proud of my beetroot harvest this year. In the spring I decided to try every single variety I get hold of. I started 18 varieties, and they all produced.

Maybe you'll find pleasure in having a look at the picure of all my beets.

We had borscht yesterday. Delicoius!
They look brilliant! Beetroot is one of my favourite vegetables - i only wish they weren't so messy to prepare!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:03 AM
Registered User

Smile

SNUGASABUGXXX;754552]They look brilliant! Beetroot is one of my favourite vegetables - i only wish they weren't so messy to prepare!

wow your beets are great. i didnt realize that there were so many different
varieties. ill have to look and see what i can find to try this coming year in
our raised garden boxes. thanks for sharing your great beets with us .
cyaaaaaaaa, sockiescat .
Old 11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Registered User

wow they are really great. we planted some this year for the first time they gave nothing just a very tiny stringy long thing. i'll try again next year. did you add any extra compost or something or just plant straight into the ground so i know what to do next year.
www.yuckyslugsandsnails.co.uk - yucky slimy slugs and snails
www.macklamm.com - anyone moving to brussels, belgium my flats for rent

How big can Red Beets get? [email protected] Edible Gardening 4 26-04-2006 01:46 AM
Jewel-Toned Beets aem Edible Gardening 0 04-01-2006 04:04 AM
multi-colored beets aem Edible Gardening 0 04-01-2006 04:03 AM
Beets... SJB North Carolina 0 28-06-2003 05:45 AM
Swiss Chard & Beets turning brown Gary Gardening 4 21-05-2003 04:56 AM