Old 22-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Registered User

Default I've seen a half price vegetable seeds offer

Hello everyone,

Wyevale Garden Centres are doing an offer on Suttons Vegetable Seeds at the moment. They are selling them at half price. I had an email newsletter come through which had this offer in it. The offer was not clickable so I couldn't buy it online, but it is in the garden centres.

Cheers!
Beardy
Old 22-01-2008, 03:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Beardy wrote:

Hello everyone,

Wyevale Garden Centres are doing an offer on Suttons Vegetable Seeds at
the moment. They are selling them at half price. I had an email
newsletter come through which had this offer in it. The offer was not
clickable so I couldn't buy it online, but it is in the garden
centres.

Cheers!
Beardy

Are the seed packets marked for 2008?
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movemen...George_W._Bush

Old 24-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered User

Hi Billy, I just went in there today to buy some and get a few other bits for the garden. I checked the label and from what I can see they are this year's seeds. They've started putting their Spring range in so I imagine it must be an offer to tie in with that. I noticed on the display that the offer finishes on the 12th February. Hope this helps?

Beardy :-)
Old 24-01-2008, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Beardy wrote:

Hi Billy, I just went in there today to buy some and get a few other
bits for the garden. I checked the label and from what I can see they
are this year's seeds. They've started putting their Spring range in so
I imagine it must be an offer to tie in with that. I noticed on the
display that the offer finishes on the 12th February. Hope this helps?

Beardy :-)

Sounds like a good deal to me:-)

I plan to start germinating cabbage, onions, beets and parsnips in about
three weeks. Usually, I don't get into the garden until May but I'm gong
to try some cold resistant plants for late March - early April. After
last years fiasco in the garden (not enough heat), I can hardly wait to
have another go at it.

It must be too cold for my green manure (8 C today), I don't see any
sign of it, but the red clover is taking hold between the stepping
stones in the garden.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...cGLdQD8UBRJIO0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movemen...George_W._Bush

Old 28-01-2008, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
BrownFingers wrote:

'Billy[_4_ Wrote:
;771602']In article ,
Beardy
wrote:
-
[...]

Eat out of bins

?????? Uh, I'll keep that in mind. Another concept for the truly frugal,
ecologically correct house holds is eating from dumpster diving and
roadkill. It may take a while for our middle class brains to acclimate
to the concept but once they do, the logic of it rings clear and true.

many tanks

--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Sto...917874,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movemen...George_W._Bush

Old 05-02-2008, 09:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Billy wrote: ?????? Uh, I'll keep that in mind. Another concept for
the truly frugal,
ecologically correct house holds is eating from dumpster diving and
roadkill. It may take a while for our middle class brains to acclimate
to the concept but once they do, the logic of it rings clear and true.

Andy adds:
Another suggestion for those who have a neighbor with a constantly
barking dog :

Go to the library and check out a Korean cook book......

Andy in Eureka, Texas
Old 05-02-2008, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
AndyS wrote:

Billy wrote: ?????? Uh, I'll keep that in mind. Another concept for
the truly frugal,
ecologically correct house holds is eating from dumpster diving and
roadkill. It may take a while for our middle class brains to acclimate
to the concept but once they do, the logic of it rings clear and true.

Andy adds:
Another suggestion for those who have a neighbor with a constantly
barking dog :

Go to the library and check out a Korean cook book......

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Evil dude... ;-)

I just used an airsoft.

Did not take them long to learn to run and shut the hell up when they
heard me on the fenceline.

Pit bulls.
--
Peace, Om

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain