Old 24-04-2008, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Bay Area Got Garden:-)

Stepped out into bright Sun, the buzzing of bees (honeys and some big
black suckers), the flitting of butterflys, and the darting about of
hoverflies. They weren't there a week ago before the cold and the rains,
and the nightly fires (ended yesterday). The butterflys are all over the
sage but the bees seem to be making do with the forget-me-nots and the
wild onions. Presently 3:15 PM and 68F in that wide spot in the road
that we call Forestville.

www.enature.com is really helpful in identifying the local wild life.
--

Billy

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0s...eature=related
Old 25-04-2008, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

www.enature.com is really helpful in identifying the local wild life.

Ahh shit Billy. I'm a gonna rain on your Apple Blossom Parade.

Ain't never much happening in this group that hasn't been xposted.
Should be, this is the edible, as in food, as in gotta have it
newsgroup. I'm gonna add to it.

Anyhows here's some rain fer yer garden...glad you had some hopeful
moments afore CharlieStormCloud arrived on the scene. ;-)

Yer Gloomy Bud
Charlie, have a nice day ;-)

http://carolynbaker.net/site/index2....=view&id=463&p
op=1&page=0#

The Apple Blossom Parade is this weekend and is predicted to be warm and
sunny. Appears that, seasonally speaking, Spring is behind us as we rush
to the embrace of Summer, hallelujah.

While I like to think that I know what's going on, truth is there are
some folk who are years ahead of me. I'm still trying to catch up to the
Battle in Seattle. Not easy out here for us tardy Cassandras.

It appears that a grand convergence is taking place and we may end up a
sub-set of misc.survivalism. I was just peeking over the fence and saw

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080415/..._ec_fi/economy

and

http://business.theage.com.au/japans...warning-for-ot
her-nations/20080420-27ey.html

Sadly, we live in interesting time:-(

Nice article by Caroline Baker. She took our graffiti and turned it into
a mid-term essay.

Just remember what my dance instructor said. "If you fall, fall
gracefully". And that takes preparation.

Old 27-04-2008, 07:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , Charlie wrote:

Nice article by Caroline Baker. She took our graffiti and turned it into
a mid-term essay.

It is a fine essay.

That is my point. She gave sheen and gloss, and a ray of hope to our
forebodings. I just hope our kids live long enough to reap the benefits.
Truth is though, the American life style is on the endangered species
list and will soon be extinct. We who were born before 1950, have lived
in auspicious times, which will not come this way again. Our children,
sadly, will have to rejoin the real world. But hope and joy remain, and
in equality, may they find peace.