Old 28-04-2008, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sam Sam is offline

Default Blood meal - how to use it.

I used Blood Meal, because we were very low on nitrogen in our veggie
garden. I used it according to instruction - worked it in the soil
and then watered. My question is do I have to work it in the soil for
the nitrogen to get in the soil. I ask this because we have chicken
wire laid down, because we have cats, and the crops grow thru the
wire. I don't believe I'll be able to work anything into the soil
once the plants grow much. If I just sprinkle the blood meal on top
and then water well, will I get any benefit?

Thanks!

Old 30-04-2008, 10:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Sam" wrote in message
I used Blood Meal, because we were very low on nitrogen in our veggie
garden.

another free alternative is to **** into a bottle or bucket and dilute it
maybe 4 to 1 and water that in to the garden. **** contains a reasonable
amount of nitrogen.

rob

Old 30-04-2008, 05:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"George.com" wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
I used Blood Meal, because we were very low on nitrogen in our veggie
garden.

another free alternative is to **** into a bottle or bucket and dilute it
maybe 4 to 1 and water that in to the garden. **** contains a reasonable
amount of nitrogen.