Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2008, 05:37 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

Default Grey laundry water for garden watering?

In article
,
Laura at theGardenPages wrote:

I know, I hate to see all that water to down the drain too! I've used
my laundry water for the lawn and shrubs with no problem. I haven't
tried it on veggies.

If you use boi-degradeable SOAP not detergent you can use the wash
water. The rinse water is fine by you have to be careful about that
fabric softener.

Plus, deep watering is better for shrubs than a sprinkling anyway.
Good for you!

Perfect storm indeed. We had good rain Nov. to March and then the driest
March-April ever. We are looking at sever water rationing at the same
time the price of food is skyrocketing. I think I need a water tank.
--

Billy
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0s...eature=related