GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Herbs on North Facing Wall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/176698-herbs-north-facing-wall.html)

Geoff Potts 08-07-2008 10:52 PM

Herbs on North Facing Wall

hello,

My new house has a barfe patch of soil beside the back door. It is North facing and walled on the South and west sides. I'd like to make it a herb patch but don't want to kill all my plants putting them in.

I have some herbs in pots in my greenhouse, mint, chives, coriander, sage, parsley which I'd lik eto put in + any others anyone can advise may survive here.
Any help appreciated.

Geoff

Billy[_5_] 09-07-2008 01:53 AM

Herbs on North Facing Wall

In article ,
Geoff Potts wrote:

hello,

My new house has a barfe patch of soil beside the back door. It is
North facing and walled on the South and west sides. I'd like to make
it a herb patch but don't want to kill all my plants putting them in.

I have some herbs in pots in my greenhouse, mint, chives, coriander,
sage, parsley which I'd lik eto put in + any others anyone can advise
may survive here.
Any help appreciated.

Geoff

Where are you? Does the plot get direct sun and for how long?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

David Hare-Scott 09-07-2008 05:53 AM

Herbs on North Facing Wall

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Geoff Potts wrote:

hello,

My new house has a barfe patch of soil beside the back door. It is
North facing and walled on the South and west sides. I'd like to make
it a herb patch but don't want to kill all my plants putting them in.

I have some herbs in pots in my greenhouse, mint, chives, coriander,
sage, parsley which I'd lik eto put in + any others anyone can advise
may survive here.
Any help appreciated.

Geoff

Where are you? Does the plot get direct sun and for how long?
--

Billy

Probably not, you wouldn't want too much sun on your barfe patch it might
attract flies.

David