Old 08-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Registered User

Smile Herbs on North Facing Wall

hello,

My new house has a barfe patch of soil beside the back door. It is North facing and walled on the South and west sides. I'd like to make it a herb patch but don't want to kill all my plants putting them in.

I have some herbs in pots in my greenhouse, mint, chives, coriander, sage, parsley which I'd lik eto put in + any others anyone can advise may survive here.
Any help appreciated.

Geoff
Old 09-07-2008, 01:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Herbs on North Facing Wall

In article ,
Geoff Potts wrote:

hello,

My new house has a barfe patch of soil beside the back door. It is
North facing and walled on the South and west sides. I'd like to make
it a herb patch but don't want to kill all my plants putting them in.

I have some herbs in pots in my greenhouse, mint, chives, coriander,
sage, parsley which I'd lik eto put in + any others anyone can advise
may survive here.
Any help appreciated.

Geoff

Where are you? Does the plot get direct sun and for how long?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Geoff Potts wrote:

hello,

My new house has a barfe patch of soil beside the back door. It is
North facing and walled on the South and west sides. I'd like to make
it a herb patch but don't want to kill all my plants putting them in.

I have some herbs in pots in my greenhouse, mint, chives, coriander,
sage, parsley which I'd lik eto put in + any others anyone can advise
may survive here.
Any help appreciated.

Geoff

Where are you? Does the plot get direct sun and for how long?
--

Billy

Probably not, you wouldn't want too much sun on your barfe patch it might
attract flies.

David