GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tomato trouble, need help! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/178059-tomato-trouble-need-help.html)

poppy44 22-08-2008 11:56 PM

tomato trouble, need help!

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no answers.

Can anyone help?

Poppy44

Marie Dodge 23-08-2008 01:16 AM

tomato trouble, need help!

"poppy44" wrote in message

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants
and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of
the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no
answers.

Fungus? Molds? Mildews? Do you see fine webbing? Can you post a pic
somewhere so we can SEE what you're talking about?

Can anyone help?

Poppy44

--
poppy44

Omelet[_4_] 23-08-2008 02:41 AM

tomato trouble, need help!

In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"poppy44" wrote in message

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants
and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of
the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no
answers.

Fungus? Molds? Mildews? Do you see fine webbing? Can you post a pic
somewhere so we can SEE what you're talking about?

Can anyone help?

Poppy44

--
poppy44

Just off hand, sounds like blossom end rot.
We just had something similar posted to a.b.f.
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

gunner 23-08-2008 07:24 AM

tomato trouble, need help!

"poppy44" wrote in message

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants
and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of
the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no
answers.

Can anyone help?

Poppy44

Any of these?
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

gunner 23-08-2008 07:32 AM

tomato trouble, need help!

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"poppy44" wrote in message

The fruits keep falling off the plants and the toms go a little soft on

top, they they look a bit greyish on top of the tomatoes too.

Just off hand, sounds like blossom end rot.

OM, usually Blossom End Rot shows up on the blossom end ;)

Penelope Periwinkle 23-08-2008 03:34 PM

tomato trouble, need help!

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:24:42 -0700, "gunner"
wrote:

Any of these?
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Oh, good site!

Penelope

- "pointed"

CanopyCo 23-08-2008 08:06 PM

tomato trouble, need help!

On Aug 23, 1:24*am, "gunner" wrote:
"poppy44" wrote in message

I have a problem with my tomatoes.The fruits keep falling off the plants
and the toms go a little soft on top, they look a bit greyish on top of
the tomatoes too. I have posted this problem on another site but got no
answers.

Can anyone help?

Poppy44

*Any of these?http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Great cite.
Wish I could find that sort of thing for the rest of my garden.

Omelet[_4_] 23-08-2008 09:08 PM

tomato trouble, need help!

In article ss,
"gunner" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"poppy44" wrote in message

The fruits keep falling off the plants and the toms go a little soft on

top, they they look a bit greyish on top of the tomatoes too.

Just off hand, sounds like blossom end rot.

OM, usually Blossom End Rot shows up on the blossom end ;)

Nobodies perfect. g
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)