Old 21-01-2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default First seeds started

I just put 103 Granex and 36 Red Burgundy onion seeds in starter pots
today. I am starting them in the house because I don't feel like
keeping the greenhouse warm enough. Next month I will probably bite
the bullet and start running the heat. Of course if the sun is out
the greenhouse gets hot. But with night time temperatures in the
teens and 20's I am not going to try.
--
Susan N.

Old 23-01-2009, 05:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"The Cook" wrote in message
I just put 103 Granex and 36 Red Burgundy onion seeds in starter pots
today. I am starting them in the house because I don't feel like
keeping the greenhouse warm enough. Next month I will probably bite
the bullet and start running the heat. Of course if the sun is out
the greenhouse gets hot. But with night time temperatures in the

teens and 20's I am not going to try.
--
Susan N.

Get those auto-vents for the GH roof. My 16' long GH has four vents that
open when it hits 75F. I have 2 small heaters that come on at 59F. My
tomato, eggplant and pepper are already up and a getting their 1st set of
true leaves.

Old 28-01-2009, 06:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"The Cook" wrote in message
I just put 103 Granex and 36 Red Burgundy onion seeds in starter pots
today. I am starting them in the house because I don't feel like
keeping the greenhouse warm enough. Next month I will probably bite
the bullet and start running the heat. Of course if the sun is out
the greenhouse gets hot. But with night time temperatures in the
teens and 20's I am not going to try.
--
Susan N.

My greenhouse is heated all winter. I'm in zone 6. The tomatoes, peppers
and eggplants are already up. Also started cuttings of geraniums and other
perennials for the flowerbed.

Old 29-01-2009, 10:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

I am so jealous!!

Feet of snow outside my home right now. And delighted that the temps are
not supposed to be below zero (but not above freezing) for the next week -
day and night.

I am looking at my seeds now. And dreaming.

JonquilJan
Northern New York - supposed to be zone 4 but more like 3.

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying