GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Favorite Tomato (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/187210-favorite-tomato.html)

Bud 17-09-2009 08:11 PM

Favorite Tomato

[quoted text muted]

Best tomato for me is stupis for eating, roma and early girl for canning,
and the cherry is sweet million.
--
signature goes here

Jerry14 22-09-2009 11:51 AM

My plum tomatos are very good this year, very sweet and full of flavor. My favorites are my beef tomatos though. They turned out really big and I made some amazing salads and soups.

jimmy[_3_] 09-10-2009 10:10 PM

Favorite Tomato

Any tomato that is red and juicy
"Mike" wrote in message
Every body knows that home grown vine ripened tomatoes are way better than
anything store bought.
The question is out of all the tomatoes you grow at home which one is your
favorite?

Here's mine:
Care to guess the name of this tomato?
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6549/favoritew.jpg

This is the first tomato I could classify as wow, excellent, delicious, or
very tasty.
The color and texture show some heirloom qualities.

grownforyou 03-11-2009 01:53 PM

I have to say that I like some of the common varieties.

I have grown a few this year but I really liked Gardener's Delight.

MackW 17-12-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 864464)
Every body knows that home grown vine ripened tomatoes are way better than
anything store bought.
The question is out of all the tomatoes you grow at home which one is your
favorite?

Here’s mine:
Care to guess the name of this tomato?
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6549/favoritew.jpg

This is the first tomato I could classify as wow, excellent, delicious, or
very tasty.
The color and texture show some heirloom qualities.

My favorite is a variety I only know as plum tomatoes. I like them even better since I found that a row of sweet basil planted next to each row of tomato plants make the tomatoes taste better.

tomatogrower 19-12-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackW (Post 872077)
My favorite is a variety I only know as plum tomatoes. I like them even better since I found that a row of sweet basil planted next to each row of tomato plants make the tomatoes taste better.

My favourite has got to be Sweet Million, although it's an F1 variety I have had a great crop from my plants this year and the taste is spectacular! Well worth growing especially compared to others that I have tried.

MackW 21-12-2009 11:15 PM

I like most all tomatoes and they are one of my favorite garden plants. Recently I discovered something that makes them even better. Someone suggested that basil plants could improve the flavor of tomatoes. I planted a row of basil next to my tomatoes and it may be my imagination but they do taste better. They definitely taste a little sweeter. Try it you'll like it.