GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Raspberry Bushes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/1882-raspberry-bushes.html)

Dessy 23-02-2003 10:51 PM

Raspberry Bushes

I'm in Zone 6. Can anyone tell me: If I plant raspberry bushes this
spring, will I get a crop this year? TIA

Patskywriter 23-02-2003 11:52 PM

Raspberry Bushes

you should! when i was living in chicago (zone 5) i started out with three red
raspberry plants and two gold ones. had crops the first year, and in just a few
seasons ended up with a nice-sized raspberry patch!

pat

Kevin Miller 24-02-2003 02:39 AM

Raspberry Bushes

I got a few berries off 6 plants the first year.. we'll see the
second...

Kevin Miller
Zone 5

Pat Kiewicz 24-02-2003 01:03 PM

Raspberry Bushes

Dessy said:

I'm in Zone 6. Can anyone tell me: If I plant raspberry bushes this
spring, will I get a crop this year? TIA

With fall bearers, you should get a *taste* this year. It'll be another year or
two before you're harvest will be worthy of the name 'crop.'

With summer bearers, even a taste is unlikely this year.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)