Old 23-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Dessy

Default Raspberry Bushes

I'm in Zone 6. Can anyone tell me: If I plant raspberry bushes this
spring, will I get a crop this year? TIA
Old 23-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Patskywriter

you should! when i was living in chicago (zone 5) i started out with three red
raspberry plants and two gold ones. had crops the first year, and in just a few
seasons ended up with a nice-sized raspberry patch!

pat
Old 24-02-2003, 02:39 AM
Kevin Miller

I got a few berries off 6 plants the first year.. we'll see the
second...

Kevin Miller
Zone 5

Old 24-02-2003, 01:03 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Dessy said:

I'm in Zone 6. Can anyone tell me: If I plant raspberry bushes this
spring, will I get a crop this year? TIA

With fall bearers, you should get a *taste* this year. It'll be another year or
two before you're harvest will be worthy of the name 'crop.'

With summer bearers, even a taste is unlikely this year.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)