Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered User

Default Mould on young apple trees

I'm growing some apple trees from seed.

They're about 3 months old and were doing really well, but recently started to develop what look like mould spores on the leaves and stem.

I washed them all down yesterday, but the mould is back already.

My other half thinks I may be over-watering them, I think otherwise.
They were replanted into those pots a few weeks ago; they were brand new from the garden centre, but also need mould wiping off them every now & then; I don't know if that's significant or not.

I've attached photos. The plants are clearly ill from whatever this is.

Does anyone know what this is and if there's anything I can do about it?

[image]http://img713.imageshack.us/i/p1030124.jpg/[/image]
[image]http://img295.imageshack.us/i/p1030125l.jpg/[/image]
[image]http://img251.imageshack.us/i/p1030126d.jpg/[/image]