GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   It was hot and humid...I tell you. mis weeding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/192724-hot-humid-i-tell-you-mis-weeding.html)

Bill who putters 15-07-2010 08:40 PM

It was hot and humid...I tell you. mis weeding

Just out an hour ago and got into hand weeding. Going good just a few
bug bites than as I looked at what I weeded I realized I planted those
plants. Purslane hides well in with other plants not weeded. Was
looking for a purslane rich salad soon. Shessee

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

Dan L.[_2_] 16-07-2010 12:51 AM

It was hot and humid...I tell you. mis weeding

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Just out an hour ago and got into hand weeding. Going good just a few
bug bites than as I looked at what I weeded I realized I planted those
plants. Purslane hides well in with other plants not weeded. Was
looking for a purslane rich salad soon. Shessee

I feel your pain. When planting, I tend plant the same plant type in
clusters. When weeding it not that hard to spot the odd looking plant
that does not belong there.

Hour ago, I just finished mowing the yard and weeding myself. I think my
suntan oil is bad, Im getting a nasty sunburn on the neck. Someday day I
think I'm going to take the risk and get arab head band. Garden hats
just do not protect the neck.

Then again I am getting old as well :)

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Steve Peek 16-07-2010 02:52 AM

It was hot and humid...I tell you. mis weeding

Wish you were closer, you could weed my garden and have all the purslane you
could carry for your trouble. I put a couple of pickup loads of horse manure
on the garden early this spring and now have unbelievable weeds. I eat lots
of them but it's far more than I could ever use.
Steve

aluckyguess 17-07-2010 03:22 AM

It was hot and humid...I tell you. mis weeding

"Bill who putters" wrote in message

Just out an hour ago and got into hand weeding. Going good just a few
bug bites than as I looked at what I weeded I realized I planted those
plants. Purslane hides well in with other plants not weeded. Was
looking for a purslane rich salad soon. Shessee

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

I have been weeding all week a little at a time. I think im going to get
help this weekend.
I hate weeding.

semi-ambivalent[_2_] 18-07-2010 03:48 AM

It was hot and humid...I tell you. mis weeding

On Jul 15, 5:51*pm, "Dan L." wrote:
In article ,
*Bill who putters wrote:

*Just out an hour ago and got into hand weeding. *Going good just a few
bug bites than as I looked at what I weeded I realized I planted those
plants. Purslane hides well in with other plants not weeded. *Was
looking for a purslane rich *salad soon. *Shessee

I feel your pain. When planting, I tend plant the same plant type in
clusters. When weeding it not that hard to spot the odd looking plant
that does not belong there.

Hour ago, I just finished mowing the yard and weeding myself. I think my
suntan oil is bad, Im getting a nasty sunburn on the neck. Someday day I
think I'm going to take the risk and get arab head band. Garden hats
just do not protect the neck.

Then again I am getting old as well :)

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Just lurking. I've seen pictures of bicycle racers in Europe in the
1920s who covered the nape of their necks with a big lettuce leaf, the
edge of which was stuck under their caps.

sa

phorbin 18-07-2010 01:56 PM

It was hot and humid...I tell you. mis weeding

In article f7d7c141-29a4-4864-b7b0-6870d55d8a59
@u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com, says...

Just lurking. I've seen pictures of bicycle racers in Europe in the
1920s who covered the nape of their necks with a big lettuce leaf, the
edge of which was stuck under their caps.

For those who might like a more upscale, up to date, durable, North
American version of the same.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...x?p=56791&cat=
2,42407,33245,56791

The price listed is US.