Old 15-07-2010, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default It was hot and humid...I tell you. mis weeding

Just out an hour ago and got into hand weeding. Going good just a few
bug bites than as I looked at what I weeded I realized I planted those
plants. Purslane hides well in with other plants not weeded. Was
looking for a purslane rich salad soon. Shessee

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

Old 16-07-2010, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Just out an hour ago and got into hand weeding. Going good just a few
bug bites than as I looked at what I weeded I realized I planted those
plants. Purslane hides well in with other plants not weeded. Was
looking for a purslane rich salad soon. Shessee

I feel your pain. When planting, I tend plant the same plant type in
clusters. When weeding it not that hard to spot the odd looking plant
that does not belong there.

Hour ago, I just finished mowing the yard and weeding myself. I think my
suntan oil is bad, Im getting a nasty sunburn on the neck. Someday day I
think I'm going to take the risk and get arab head band. Garden hats
just do not protect the neck.

Then again I am getting old as well

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.
Old 16-07-2010, 02:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Wish you were closer, you could weed my garden and have all the purslane you
could carry for your trouble. I put a couple of pickup loads of horse manure
on the garden early this spring and now have unbelievable weeds. I eat lots
of them but it's far more than I could ever use.
Steve

Old 17-07-2010, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Bill who putters" wrote in message

Just out an hour ago and got into hand weeding. Going good just a few
bug bites than as I looked at what I weeded I realized I planted those
plants. Purslane hides well in with other plants not weeded. Was
looking for a purslane rich salad soon. Shessee

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

I have been weeding all week a little at a time. I think im going to get
help this weekend.
I hate weeding.

Old 18-07-2010, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Jul 15, 5:51*pm, "Dan L." wrote:
In article ,
*Bill who putters wrote:

*Just out an hour ago and got into hand weeding. *Going good just a few
bug bites than as I looked at what I weeded I realized I planted those
plants. Purslane hides well in with other plants not weeded. *Was
looking for a purslane rich *salad soon. *Shessee

I feel your pain. When planting, I tend plant the same plant type in
clusters. When weeding it not that hard to spot the odd looking plant
that does not belong there.

Hour ago, I just finished mowing the yard and weeding myself. I think my
suntan oil is bad, Im getting a nasty sunburn on the neck. Someday day I
think I'm going to take the risk and get arab head band. Garden hats
just do not protect the neck.

Then again I am getting old as well

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Just lurking. I've seen pictures of bicycle racers in Europe in the
1920s who covered the nape of their necks with a big lettuce leaf, the
edge of which was stuck under their caps.

sa

Old 18-07-2010, 01:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article f7d7c141-29a4-4864-b7b0-6870d55d8a59
@u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com, says...

Just lurking. I've seen pictures of bicycle racers in Europe in the
1920s who covered the nape of their necks with a big lettuce leaf, the
edge of which was stuck under their caps.

For those who might like a more upscale, up to date, durable, North
American version of the same.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...x?p=56791&cat=
2,42407,33245,56791

The price listed is US.

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
Tomato varieties (and mis.) Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 1 22-08-2004 10:13 PM
What plants for veggie filter in hot, humid, south MS? Pam Gibbs Ponds 2 05-07-2004 04:03 PM
Hot Humid Rose growers Ol' Thornfinger Roses 2 13-05-2003 08:44 PM