GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Just in time (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/194271-just-time.html)

The Cook 30-10-2010 01:35 PM

Just in time

This year I managed to get the garden picked before frost. If it was
not freezing this morning it was very close. Even remembered to get
the Basil in. It is now drying. Green tomatoes, peppers, and
rhubarb. Looks like I am going to be very busy for the next few days.
Time to visit the neighbors.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

Mathink 01-11-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cook (Post 904029)
This year I managed to get the garden picked before frost. If it was
not freezing this morning it was very close. Even remembered to get
the Basil in. It is now drying. Green tomatoes, peppers, and
rhubarb. Looks like I am going to be very busy for the next few days.
Time to visit the neighbors.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
USDA Zone 7a

Haha, that's lucky!

Yeah I've managed to get everything in good time, finished last weekend, then first major frost was tuesday!

spes123 09-11-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cook (Post 904029)
This year I managed to get the garden picked before frost. If it was
not freezing this morning it was very close. Even remembered to get
the Basil in. It is now drying. Green tomatoes, peppers, and
rhubarb. Looks like I am going to be very busy for the next few days.
Time to visit the neighbors.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
USDA Zone 7a

We were caught out by a unusually early cold spell that wasn't forcast and as I was away for a few days lost a lot of crops that I had planned to pick on my return.