Old 30-10-2010, 01:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Just in time

This year I managed to get the garden picked before frost. If it was
not freezing this morning it was very close. Even remembered to get
the Basil in. It is now drying. Green tomatoes, peppers, and
rhubarb. Looks like I am going to be very busy for the next few days.
Time to visit the neighbors.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
This year I managed to get the garden picked before frost. If it was
not freezing this morning it was very close. Even remembered to get
the Basil in. It is now drying. Green tomatoes, peppers, and
rhubarb. Looks like I am going to be very busy for the next few days.
Time to visit the neighbors.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
USDA Zone 7a
Haha, that's lucky!

Yeah I've managed to get everything in good time, finished last weekend, then first major frost was tuesday!
__________________
Artificial Grass - This is now compulsory for me...
Old 09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Registered User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
This year I managed to get the garden picked before frost. If it was
not freezing this morning it was very close. Even remembered to get
the Basil in. It is now drying. Green tomatoes, peppers, and
rhubarb. Looks like I am going to be very busy for the next few days.
Time to visit the neighbors.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
USDA Zone 7a
We were caught out by a unusually early cold spell that wasn't forcast and as I was away for a few days lost a lot of crops that I had planned to pick on my return.
Growing Vegatables