Old 04-11-2010, 02:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default OT Ah heady days with simple tools and real heart

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

I remember using a texas instrument Calculator that had a little hidden
game called I believe moon landing. This when hand pulled calculators
ruled and VPC (Vapor Phase Chromatography) was measured by hand and
calculated. 1970
Since then the food supply seems to have drifted to large machines and
food values are printed. So there was progress but fresh at grandma¹s
still rules.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/
Old 04-11-2010, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Bill who putters wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

I remember using a texas instrument Calculator that had a little
hidden
game called I believe moon landing. This when hand pulled calculators

ruled and VPC (Vapor Phase Chromatography) was measured by hand and
calculated. 1970
Since then the food supply seems to have drifted to large machines
and
food values are printed. So there was progress but fresh at grandma¹s

still rules.

Texas instruments SR52 calculator. A nice little calculator that served
me well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Lander_(video_game)

I also programed lunar lander on my old TRS-80 model one computer for
this game. Hard drives were non existent then on the first personal
computers, I used a cassette recorder to save data. Then I remember
programming an old IBM auto-coder and using keypunch cards and paper
tape for recording information. The simple days. But not old enough
during the hard wire boards for programming.

If you are looking for a more up to date tool for a mathematics
calculator go he
http://www.spacetime.us/

Since I installed space time calculator on my iPad for $20. I have not
touched my TI-89 titanium, $150 US, calculator. I think I will give
the, obsolete piece of junk, TI-89 to my nephew. However ten years ago I
thought that TI-89 was the neatest thing in existence. I have old HP
calculators lost in my closet also.

Sorry to here about Mr. Gavin passing.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan L (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)