GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what to do with soybeans the reflux (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/194502-what-do-soybeans-reflux.html)

songbird[_2_] 19-11-2010 05:10 PM

what to do with soybeans the reflux

hee, love that title... couldn't resist.

ok, so after buying tempeh and trying it
i couldn't really get much enthusiasm up for
actually making it. the texture and taste
really didn't work for me. so while i did
eat it and it was ok, i much prefer soy milk
and tofu in comparison.

today i took my first attempt at making
soy milk using the directions from:

http://www.justhungry.com/milking-so...art-1-soy-milk

and since i did a smaller amount i didn't follow
the exact measurements. but it turned out as
identifiably drinkable soy milk (compared to what
i've bought before) and so i'm quite happy.

i had more than a gallon of liquid so i went
the next step and tried to make tofu (using
lemon juice as a coagulator). it turned out
ok, but my first inclination is to stop and
be very happy with soy milk and leave it there.

so thanks again for the suggestions from
everyone. :)

peace,

songbird