GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First pepper seeds are germinated (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/195947-first-pepper-seeds-germinated.html)

zxcvbob 16-03-2011 08:13 PM

First pepper seeds are germinated

I put them in a wet paper towel 2 days ago, put that in a ricotta
cheese container with a lid, and set it on the heated tile floor in
the bathroom. That's right, just 2 days. (I must accidentally have
the temperature set just right.) I'll plant them in some potting soil
this evening and start the same treatment with the next variety --
those seeds are about 8 years old and will need all the help they can get.

Tomatoes and tomatillos, first week of April. I need to go buy some
fresh tomatillos and harvest some of the seeds...

-Bob, in zone 4

[email protected] 18-03-2011 11:13 AM

On Mar 16, 4:13*pm, zxcvbob wrote:
I put them in a wet paper towel 2 days ago, put that in a ricotta
cheese container with a lid, and set it on the heated tile floor in
the bathroom. *That's right, just 2 days. *(I must accidentally have
the temperature set just right.) I'll plant them in some potting soil
this evening and start the same treatment with the next variety --
those seeds are about 8 years old and will need all the help they can get..

Tomatoes and tomatillos, first week of April. *I need to go buy some
fresh tomatillos and harvest some of the seeds...

-Bob, in zone 4

That is great. I started 108 back in the end of January but I get to
put mine in the ground earlier than zone 4. MJ