Old 16-03-2011, 08:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default First pepper seeds are germinated

I put them in a wet paper towel 2 days ago, put that in a ricotta
cheese container with a lid, and set it on the heated tile floor in
the bathroom. That's right, just 2 days. (I must accidentally have
the temperature set just right.) I'll plant them in some potting soil
this evening and start the same treatment with the next variety --
those seeds are about 8 years old and will need all the help they can get.

Tomatoes and tomatillos, first week of April. I need to go buy some
fresh tomatillos and harvest some of the seeds...

-Bob, in zone 4
Old 18-03-2011, 11:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Mar 16, 4:13*pm, zxcvbob wrote:
I put them in a wet paper towel 2 days ago, put that in a ricotta
cheese container with a lid, and set it on the heated tile floor in
the bathroom. *That's right, just 2 days. *(I must accidentally have
the temperature set just right.) I'll plant them in some potting soil
this evening and start the same treatment with the next variety --
those seeds are about 8 years old and will need all the help they can get..

Tomatoes and tomatillos, first week of April. *I need to go buy some
fresh tomatillos and harvest some of the seeds...

-Bob, in zone 4

That is great. I started 108 back in the end of January but I get to
put mine in the ground earlier than zone 4. MJ