Old 28-04-2011, 09:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Peanut variety for short season?

Probably 25 years ago, I remember growing a few peanut plants up in
north central Ohio. I'm down barely into zone 6 now, and just
remembered that I promised my son we could grow peanuts this year!

I didn't get much of a harvest a quarter century ago, because the
season is kind of short, and we didn't get them planted early enough.

Realistically, I should order in the next day or so, and get them
planted in the first week of May to ensure that we get a decent harvest.

I think we would mostly use them for salted boiling, or perhaps some
peanut butter.

Can anyone recommend an early variety for short season growing? Thanks!