GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden visitor (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/198390-garden-visitor.html)

FarmI 21-06-2011 07:12 AM

Garden visitor

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

Nad R 21-06-2011 09:41 AM

Garden visitor

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

I had a garden visitor my self yesterday. It scared the crap out of me... A
fully grown blue racer snake... A rare visitor in my area. Blue racers here
are black, about six feet long and fast two seconds and out of sight. Non
poisonous but they can bite. I how ever had no desire to pet it :)

Jeff[_18_] 21-06-2011 02:16 PM

Garden visitor

--
Enjoy Life... Nad R *(Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

I have had good luck using used cat litter to keep "visitors" out of
my garden.

Billy[_10_] 21-06-2011 04:06 PM

Garden visitor

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

You don't worry about rabies?
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/

General Schvantzkoph 21-06-2011 04:31 PM

Garden visitor

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 08:06:02 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me
pat him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

You don't worry about rabies?

Wombats are indigenous to Australia which is rabies free.

General Schvantzkoph 21-06-2011 04:35 PM

Garden visitor

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:16:45 -0700, Jeff wrote:

On Jun 21, 4:41Â*am, Nad R wrote:
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let
me pat him on the head. Â*I didn't think to take Â*a picture.

I had a garden visitor my self yesterday. It scared the crap out of
me... A fully grown blue racer snake... A rare visitor in my area. Blue
racers here are black, about six feet long and fast two seconds and out
of sight. Non poisonous but they can bite. I how ever had no desire to
pet it :)

--
Enjoy Life... Nad R Â*(Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

I have had good luck using used cat litter to keep "visitors" out of my
garden.

I assume you mean the old fashion clay litter not the modern clumping
litter. I made the mistake of dumping clumping litter down a groundhog
hole a few years ago, it turned into a horrible slurry which is still
there years later.

Ruben 21-06-2011 06:03 PM

Garden visitor

On Jun 21, 2:12*am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. *I didn't think to take *a picture.

What is a wombat?

JD[_7_] 21-06-2011 06:23 PM

Garden visitor

On Jun 21, 1:03*pm, Ruben wrote:
On Jun 21, 2:12*am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. *I didn't think to take *a picture.

What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

General Schvantzkoph 21-06-2011 06:34 PM

Garden visitor

What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

Do either of you know how to use Google?

Bill who putters 21-06-2011 07:57 PM

Garden visitor

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wombat&l=1

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon

http://honest-food.net/

Frank 21-06-2011 08:03 PM

Garden visitor

On 6/21/2011 2:57 PM, Bill who putters wrote:
In ,
General wrote:

What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

Do either of you know how to use Google?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wombat&l=1

October 22 - Wombat Day - we'll have to celebrate ;)

Doug Freyburger 21-06-2011 09:01 PM

Garden visitor

Ruben wrote:
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. *I didn't think to take *a picture.

What is a wombat?

A marsupial that is not a possum, so that limits his continent to
Australia and it's islands.

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 21-06-2011 11:26 PM

Garden visitor

JD wrote:
On Jun 21, 1:03 pm, Ruben wrote:
On Jun 21, 2:12 am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let
me pat him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

It is a large herbivorous marsupial found in Australia.

David

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 21-06-2011 11:37 PM

Garden visitor

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

Do either of you know how to use Google?

It appears that Lansing Community College is not strong on teaching research
skills.

FarmI 22-06-2011 02:47 AM

Garden visitor

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me
pat
him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

You don't worry about rabies?

There is no rabies in Australia Bily (says she touching wood, crossing
herself and throwing salt over her left shoulder!).