Old 21-06-2011, 07:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Garden visitor

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

Old 21-06-2011, 09:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

I had a garden visitor my self yesterday. It scared the crap out of me... A
fully grown blue racer snake... A rare visitor in my area. Blue racers here
are black, about six feet long and fast two seconds and out of sight. Non
poisonous but they can bite. I how ever had no desire to pet it

Old 21-06-2011, 02:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

--
Enjoy Life... Nad R *(Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

I have had good luck using used cat litter to keep "visitors" out of
my garden.
Old 21-06-2011, 04:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

You don't worry about rabies?
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/
Old 21-06-2011, 04:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 08:06:02 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me
pat him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

You don't worry about rabies?

Wombats are indigenous to Australia which is rabies free.

Old 21-06-2011, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:16:45 -0700, Jeff wrote:

On Jun 21, 4:41Â*am, Nad R wrote:
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let
me pat him on the head. Â*I didn't think to take Â*a picture.

I had a garden visitor my self yesterday. It scared the crap out of
me... A fully grown blue racer snake... A rare visitor in my area. Blue
racers here are black, about six feet long and fast two seconds and out
of sight. Non poisonous but they can bite. I how ever had no desire to
pet it

--
Enjoy Life... Nad R Â*(Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

I have had good luck using used cat litter to keep "visitors" out of my
garden.

I assume you mean the old fashion clay litter not the modern clumping
litter. I made the mistake of dumping clumping litter down a groundhog
hole a few years ago, it turned into a horrible slurry which is still
there years later.
Old 21-06-2011, 06:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Jun 21, 2:12*am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. *I didn't think to take *a picture.

What is a wombat?
Old 21-06-2011, 06:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Jun 21, 1:03*pm, Ruben wrote:
On Jun 21, 2:12*am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. *I didn't think to take *a picture.

What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!
Old 21-06-2011, 06:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

Do either of you know how to use Google?
Old 21-06-2011, 07:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wombat&l=1

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon

http://honest-food.net/

Old 21-06-2011, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 6/21/2011 2:57 PM, Bill who putters wrote:
In ,
General wrote:

What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

Do either of you know how to use Google?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wombat&l=1

October 22 - Wombat Day - we'll have to celebrate
Old 21-06-2011, 09:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Ruben wrote:
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat
him on the head. *I didn't think to take *a picture.

What is a wombat?

A marsupial that is not a possum, so that limits his continent to
Australia and it's islands.
Old 21-06-2011, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

JD wrote:
On Jun 21, 1:03 pm, Ruben wrote:
On Jun 21, 2:12 am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let
me pat him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

It is a large herbivorous marsupial found in Australia.

David
Old 21-06-2011, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

Do either of you know how to use Google?

It appears that Lansing Community College is not strong on teaching research
skills.

Old 22-06-2011, 02:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me
pat
him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

You don't worry about rabies?

There is no rabies in Australia Bily (says she touching wood, crossing
herself and throwing salt over her left shoulder!).