GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   peach tree v earwigs battle!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/199092-peach-tree-v-earwigs-battle.html)

cornishgail 29-07-2011 05:26 PM

peach tree v earwigs battle!!

I have a beautiful minature peach tree in large pot that has at least 6 peaches on it.
Unfortunately the leaves are overrun with what looks like earwigs -they have pincers at head end and they are munching thro the leaves and are now starting on the fruit now that it is starting to ripen.
What can I do about it?????
I'm loathe to spray with insectacide but dont know what else to do and if I have to what one do I use.
I want to get to the fruit before the insects do!!
regards
Gail