Old 29-12-2011, 09:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Gardening Resolutions Anyone?

I have two, I will not waste space in my garden trying to grow
tomatoes that I have never had success with and I will keep up a
calender of what I do when. (planting, fertilizing, first harvest ect)
What about you?
MJ
Old 30-12-2011, 05:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Dec 29, 4:00*pm, "
wrote:
I have two, I will not waste space in my garden trying to grow
tomatoes that I have never had success with and I will keep up a
calender of what I do when. (planting, fertilizing, first harvest ect)
What about you?
MJ

So far so good, I bought a 24 x 17 inch calender today. Lots of space
to write on !
Old 30-12-2011, 06:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
" wrote:

I have two, I will not waste space in my garden trying to grow
tomatoes that I have never had success with and I will keep up a
calender of what I do when. (planting, fertilizing, first harvest ect)
What about you?
MJ

Considering the cold summers that I've had for the last 2 years, I'm
considering putting up a brick wall behind my tomatoes, and painting it
black on the sunny side. This would be inconjunction with the clear
plastic that warms the soil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vN0--mHug

Old 31-12-2011, 03:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article
,
" wrote:

I have two, I will not waste space in my garden trying to grow
tomatoes that I have never had success with and I will keep up a
calender of what I do when. (planting, fertilizing, first harvest ect)
What about you?
MJ

Considering the cold summers that I've had for the last 2 years, I'm
considering putting up a brick wall behind my tomatoes, and painting it
black on the sunny side. This would be inconjunction with the clear
plastic that warms the soil.

A brick wall would be handy to hang a sheet of clear plastic from and then
pull it out for a make shift greenhouse/A frame.

I am full of ideas to make work for other people

Mike