GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Should i use codling moth trap? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/203777-should-i-use-codling-moth-trap.html)

mmmkay777 29-05-2012 06:15 PM

Should i use codling moth trap?

Hi, I'm new to all this. I have a codling moth question. I have 2 apple trees in pots. bought last year. they had codling moth problems last year and a lot of fruit had to be thrown. We've moved house this year and I don't know of any apple trees in the area, we live in the middle of a city. I've bought a pheromone trap as on the rhs website it says for small numbers of trees it can help control them ( i know it's not primarily for control just detection but i only have 2 trees) I am worried if i use it, as the only apple trees that i know of in the area, it may actually attract codling moths rather than help with the problem, is it better just to leave be. I'm not into using insecticides. Thanks