GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Even more tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/204767-even-more-tomatoes.html)

The Cook 10-08-2012 03:55 PM

Even more tomatoes

Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

Bloke Down The Pub 11-08-2012 11:08 AM

Even more tomatoes

"The Cook" wrote in message
Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.

It may please you to know that at the current sale price in our supermarket
you have just earned approximately $260. That came to mind as I imagined
carting 103 pounds of anything home from a shopping trip.

Mike

Ecnerwal 11-08-2012 02:25 PM

Even more tomatoes

In article ,
"Bloke Down The Pub" wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.

It may please you to know that at the current sale price in our supermarket
you have just earned approximately $260. That came to mind as I imagined
carting 103 pounds of anything home from a shopping trip.

I was amused to note that my nearly worthless potato patch (as
considered in terms of what a normal bag of potatoes I would actually
buy goes for) looked much better fiscally if compared to "local organic
new potatoes" that I would be unlikely to buy.

Tomatoes finally coming on line here. Went to all-cherry some years
back, and remain happy with that choice (when they split, they are
usually ripe and still edible, and when one is bad, it's not the tragedy
that a 2lb tomato is when you have to toss it.)

General Schvantzkoph 15-08-2012 05:27 PM

Even more tomatoes

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:55:15 -0400, The Cook wrote:

Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.

Where are you located? I'm having a lousy year, I'm in Massachusetts. My
Sun Golds just started to ripen a week ago, I usually start getting Sun
Golds in min July and by mid August I usually have thousands of them. This
year I'm worried that I won't have enough to make sauce.

The Cook 15-08-2012 06:03 PM

Even more tomatoes

On 15 Aug 2012 16:27:39 GMT, General Schvantzkoph
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:55:15 -0400, The Cook wrote:

Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.

Where are you located? I'm having a lousy year, I'm in Massachusetts. My
Sun Golds just started to ripen a week ago, I usually start getting Sun
Golds in min July and by mid August I usually have thousands of them. This
year I'm worried that I won't have enough to make sauce.

Check my sig line.