Old 08-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Registered User

Default New to gardening

Hello, I'm new to gardening and really want to learn more, it all started when my mum bought me some packets of seeds and said here have ago planting them with the kids at the weekend kids get mucky and have loads of fun doing it, so I thought yeah why not, so I bought a propagator and we planted so
E pepper seeds, I also planted some spuds I had chittin we also planted some radish seeds, non have broken surface yet but we only planted the 6 days ago, tomorrow I'm making another raised bed 8 x 4 ft I'm buying some more top soil and compost to mix the compost is miracle grow , but I would like to start off with something that's pretty easy to grow and me and the kids will see flourish over the forth coming months so any help tips or advice you can throw my way would be very much apreciated many thanks regs Dan
Old 14-03-2013, 06:35 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDanUK View Post
Hello, I'm new to gardening and really want to learn more, it all started when my mum bought me some packets of seeds and said here have ago planting them with the kids at the weekend kids get mucky and have loads of fun doing it, so I thought yeah why not, so I bought a propagator and we planted so
E pepper seeds, I also planted some spuds I had chittin we also planted some radish seeds, non have broken surface yet but we only planted the 6 days ago, tomorrow I'm making another raised bed 8 x 4 ft I'm buying some more top soil and compost to mix the compost is miracle grow , but I would like to start off with something that's pretty easy to grow and me and the kids will see flourish over the forth coming months so any help tips or advice you can throw my way would be very much apreciated many thanks regs Dan

hey i am too trying learn more from this website.....this forum is really usefull for new gardeners.
Old 21-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Registered User

[...]
If it is vegetables you want to grow then the easiest tend to be carrots, lettuces, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and green beans.
If you want to grow flowers then try growing sunflowers, sweet peas, marigolds, pansies and fuchsias. These are all simple and easy to grow from seeds and are beautiful flowers.

Enjoy.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Registered User

[...]
Hi all,
Like you guys I am also new to all this, the extent of my green fingered talents stretch as far as a couple of tomato plants in grow bags which did very well however this year I'm going to try and grow tomatoes in grow bags again, potatoes in sacks, apache chillis in pots and onions in the ground. My wife is going to grow some herbs and also some Californian peppers... All help and advice is welcomed so watch this space for updates !!