Old 31-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Grub's Avatar
Registered User

Default Indoor chillies?

Does anyone know what varieties of chillies are best suited for growing indoors?
Old 31-03-2013, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Grub wrote:
Does anyone know what varieties of chillies are best suited for growing
indoors?

Tabascos work pretty well. Whatever you grow, you will have to
pollinate them by hand if you want any fruit. It's easy to do with your
fingertip or a Q-tip or a small soft brush.

But I have usually trouble with bringing pepper plants indoors -- They
get attacked by aphids, white flies, and/or red spider mites, and these
kill the plants before I can get them under control. I had Rocoto
peppers growing in pots on the patio last year, and when I brought them
indoors the insects quickly killed them even tho' I sprayed. Maybe it's
a humidity thing.

Bob
Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Grub wrote:
Does anyone know what varieties of chillies are best suited for
growing indoors?

none

Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Grub's Avatar
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbob View Post
Grub wrote:
Does anyone know what varieties of chillies are best suited for growing
indoors?

Tabascos work pretty well. Whatever you grow, you will have to
pollinate them by hand if you want any fruit. It's easy to do with your
fingertip or a Q-tip or a small soft brush.

But I have usually trouble with bringing pepper plants indoors -- They
get attacked by aphids, white flies, and/or red spider mites, and these
kill the plants before I can get them under control. I had Rocoto
peppers growing in pots on the patio last year, and when I brought them
indoors the insects quickly killed them even tho' I sprayed. Maybe it's
a humidity thing.

Bob
Thanks for the info Bob. Actually mine DO usually get infested with whitefly when I've tried in the past. Have no idea where they come from(??)

Chillies Not Flowering Sarah Dale United Kingdom 3 16-08-2003 12:33 AM
Chillies Kieron United Kingdom 7 27-07-2003 07:03 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors sprocket United Kingdom 25 19-04-2003 05:44 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Edible Gardening 3 24-02-2003 10:18 AM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Gardening 2 24-02-2003 10:17 AM