GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cherry tree leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/208117-cherry-tree-leaves.html)

billbishop 26-08-2013 12:13 PM

cherry tree leaves

something is eating holes in the leaves of my miniature cherry tree, have looked during daylight hours but cant see the culprit(s)

any advice will be very welcome plus what to zap the bugs with

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 27-08-2013 12:50 PM

cherry tree leaves

billbishop said:

something is eating holes in the leaves of my miniature cherry tree,
have looked during daylight hours but cant see the culprit(s)

any advice will be very welcome plus what to zap the bugs with

Try looking at night. Not sure where you are or what pests might
be around where you are, but here we have had trouble with
earwigs and Asiatic garden beetles, both of which feed at night.

I would never recommend spraying anything on a guess. Best to
have an idea what the pest actually is and go from there.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

billbishop 27-08-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Kiewicz[_2_] (Post 990315)
billbishop said:

something is eating holes in the leaves of my miniature cherry tree,
have looked during daylight hours but cant see the culprit(s)

any advice will be very welcome plus what to zap the bugs with

Try looking at night. Not sure where you are or what pests might
be around where you are, but here we have had trouble with
earwigs and Asiatic garden beetles, both of which feed at night.

I would never recommend spraying anything on a guess. Best to
have an idea what the pest actually is and go from there.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

located south coast uk

billbishop 27-08-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billbishop (Post 990317)
located south coast uk

Having looked at night and found nothing I am not sure if it is insect or a fungal infection