Old 26-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Registered User

Angry cherry tree leaves

something is eating holes in the leaves of my miniature cherry tree, have looked during daylight hours but cant see the culprit(s)

any advice will be very welcome plus what to zap the bugs with
Old 27-08-2013, 12:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default cherry tree leaves

billbishop said:

something is eating holes in the leaves of my miniature cherry tree,
have looked during daylight hours but cant see the culprit(s)

any advice will be very welcome plus what to zap the bugs with

Try looking at night. Not sure where you are or what pests might
be around where you are, but here we have had trouble with
earwigs and Asiatic garden beetles, both of which feed at night.

I would never recommend spraying anything on a guess. Best to
have an idea what the pest actually is and go from there.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 27-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Kiewicz[_2_] View Post
billbishop said:

something is eating holes in the leaves of my miniature cherry tree,
have looked during daylight hours but cant see the culprit(s)

any advice will be very welcome plus what to zap the bugs with

Try looking at night. Not sure where you are or what pests might
be around where you are, but here we have had trouble with
earwigs and Asiatic garden beetles, both of which feed at night.

I would never recommend spraying anything on a guess. Best to
have an idea what the pest actually is and go from there.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored
located south coast uk
Old 27-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbishop View Post
located south coast uk
Having looked at night and found nothing I am not sure if it is insect or a fungal infection