GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Salsa recipes ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/210361-salsa-recipes.html)

Terry Coombs 30-07-2014 10:32 PM

Salsa recipes ?

The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've wanted to
try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I know I'll need
cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of course the tomatoes ... and
can't forget the garlic !

--
Snag

Steve Peek[_2_] 30-07-2014 11:45 PM

Salsa recipes ?

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:32:14 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've wanted to

try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I know I'll need

cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of course the tomatoes ... and

can't forget the garlic !

--

Snag

I think a bit of lime juice is a nice addition.

Terry Coombs 31-07-2014 12:22 AM

Salsa recipes ?

Steve Peek wrote:
On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:32:14 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've
wanted to

try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I know I'll
need

cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of course the tomatoes
... and

can't forget the garlic !

--

Snag

I think a bit of lime juice is a nice addition.

Added to my shopping list , along with some cilantro . bought seeds ,
haven't planted 'em yet

--
Snag

George Shirley[_3_] 31-07-2014 01:53 AM

Salsa recipes ?

On 7/30/2014 4:32 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've wanted to
try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I know I'll need
cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of course the tomatoes ... and
can't forget the garlic !

Go he http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_salsa.html

Lots of salsa recipes and how to properly preserve them.

There are several people, myself included, that will give you help on
preserving your own food on rec.food.preserving. The University of
Georgia site above is great and about the only safe food preservation
site on the web since USDA has mostly discontinued theirs. A number of
people on this list are on that one too.

George

Terry Coombs 31-07-2014 02:14 AM

Salsa recipes ?

George Shirley wrote:
On 7/30/2014 4:32 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've
wanted to try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I
know I'll need cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of
course the tomatoes ... and can't forget the garlic !

Go he http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_salsa.html

Lots of salsa recipes and how to properly preserve them.

There are several people, myself included, that will give you help on
preserving your own food on rec.food.preserving. The University of
Georgia site above is great and about the only safe food preservation
site on the web since USDA has mostly discontinued theirs. A number of
people on this list are on that one too.

George

We have an agreement , the wife and I . I prepare the soil , plant the
seeds , weed the garden , tend the plants , and harvest the results . But my
wife does the really hard part , she preserves it for later use ...
Sorry , I just hadda say it because she did !. I'll be checking that
site out , we're going to be getting heavier into preserving our own food .
My biggest problem is that I can't currently grow enough of everything we
like to have a decent batch to can all at once . Leaves freezing as the best
option in many cases .
BTW , I come from Mormon roots , and one thing my Granny did was can .
Grandpa useta plant a couple of rows of sweet corn on the farm for their
larder . And I recall this HUGE garden at the house , but I was really small
..
--
Snag
Correction , I have that website home bookmarked .

Diaguard® 04-08-2014 05:22 PM

Pests on crops or gardens?

We offer a natural solution to control pests! 100% effective!

Diaguard® Natural Insect Control (Diatomaceous Earth)

Order online at www.amazon.co.uk or contact us by phone at (+44) 01865 339 580 or email at .

Diaguard® is a freshwater, "Food Grade", white diatomaceous earth. It has a very high silica content which enables it to literally cut through insects waxy outer layer. Diaguard® has unique characteristics which make it ideal for use as an inert, environmentally safe, non-harmful insecticide.

CAUTION! "Non-Codex" or “Non -Food Grade” DE can and often do contain high levels of heavy metals and crystalline silicas, both of which are unsafe for animal or human consumption.

When using Diaguard®, our clients reduce significantly their costs in the treatment of pests compared to traditional chemical insecticides.
Diaguard® Natural Insect Control is approved for use in organic systems and is certified by the Organic Farmers and Growers.

Order online at
www.amazon.co.uk or contact us by phone at (+44) 01865 339 580 or email at .

For more information visit:
JJS Minerals