Old 30-07-2014, 10:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Salsa recipes ?

The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've wanted to
try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I know I'll need
cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of course the tomatoes ... and
can't forget the garlic !

--
Snag

Old 30-07-2014, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:32:14 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've wanted to

try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I know I'll need

cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of course the tomatoes ... and

can't forget the garlic !

--

Snag

I think a bit of lime juice is a nice addition.
Old 31-07-2014, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Steve Peek wrote:
On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:32:14 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've
wanted to

try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I know I'll
need

cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of course the tomatoes
... and

can't forget the garlic !

--

Snag

I think a bit of lime juice is a nice addition.

Added to my shopping list , along with some cilantro . bought seeds ,
haven't planted 'em yet

--
Snag

Old 31-07-2014, 01:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 7/30/2014 4:32 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've wanted to
try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I know I'll need
cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of course the tomatoes ... and
can't forget the garlic !

Go he http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_salsa.html

Lots of salsa recipes and how to properly preserve them.

There are several people, myself included, that will give you help on
preserving your own food on rec.food.preserving. The University of
Georgia site above is great and about the only safe food preservation
site on the web since USDA has mostly discontinued theirs. A number of
people on this list are on that one too.

George
Old 31-07-2014, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

George Shirley wrote:
On 7/30/2014 4:32 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
The roma tomatoes are starting to come off , and one thing I've
wanted to try is making salsa . I'd appreciate some basic tips - I
know I'll need cilantro , onions , peppers of some type and of
course the tomatoes ... and can't forget the garlic !

Go he http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_salsa.html

Lots of salsa recipes and how to properly preserve them.

There are several people, myself included, that will give you help on
preserving your own food on rec.food.preserving. The University of
Georgia site above is great and about the only safe food preservation
site on the web since USDA has mostly discontinued theirs. A number of
people on this list are on that one too.

George

We have an agreement , the wife and I . I prepare the soil , plant the
seeds , weed the garden , tend the plants , and harvest the results . But my
wife does the really hard part , she preserves it for later use ...
Sorry , I just hadda say it because she did !. I'll be checking that
site out , we're going to be getting heavier into preserving our own food .
My biggest problem is that I can't currently grow enough of everything we
like to have a decent batch to can all at once . Leaves freezing as the best
option in many cases .
BTW , I come from Mormon roots , and one thing my Granny did was can .
Grandpa useta plant a couple of rows of sweet corn on the farm for their
larder . And I recall this HUGE garden at the house , but I was really small
..
--
Snag
Correction , I have that website home bookmarked .

New Salsa Verde Recipe urbanChiles Edible Gardening 19 08-03-2005 07:22 PM
Salsa Scruffy Dog Texas 2 15-06-2004 12:05 AM
Tomatillo Recipes - 1 Pasta Sauce & 2 Salsa Verde EV Edible Gardening 2 07-10-2003 01:27 AM
OT Salsa samuel l crowe Edible Gardening 7 07-07-2003 04:47 AM
OT Salsa samuel l crowe Edible Gardening 2 07-07-2003 02:41 AM