Old 26-12-2014, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default 12/26

Went out this morning and harvested a small amount of cherry tomatoes
and a large eggplant. Light frost yesterday didn't hurt them at all.
We're having our Christmas at daughter's house this afternoon with most
of the family present. Lots of fun with all the babies there and lots of
good food. With five grandkids and six great grands we make a crowd
pretty easy. The spousal units are all good cooks and so are we old
ones. We're taking a smoked turkey and there will be hams, pork roasts,
and all sorts of good things to eat and, at the end, to share out with
everyone.

We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and wish you a most Happy New Year.

George
Old 27-12-2014, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

George Shirley wrote:
Went out this morning and harvested a small amount of cherry tomatoes
and a large eggplant. Light frost yesterday didn't hurt them at all.
We're having our Christmas at daughter's house this afternoon with
most of the family present. Lots of fun with all the babies there and
lots of good food. With five grandkids and six great grands we make a
crowd pretty easy. The spousal units are all good cooks and so are we
old ones. We're taking a smoked turkey and there will be hams, pork
roasts, and all sorts of good things to eat and, at the end, to share
out with everyone.

We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and wish you a most Happy New
Year.
George

We did , and we will ... but to be honest , I'm kinda glad the garden isn't
doing anything this time of year . I've got a ton of stuff to do to get
ready for spring , including building beehives , building a "hot box" on the
south side of the house got a bunch of old window sashes for free , and
gettin' my plan drawn up for where what will go this year .
Got the wife a rose bush and some tulips for Christmas , need to get out
there and plan out her rose garden didn't promise , but ... . Had a bunch
of iris' given to me , and some peonies and some called naked lady . Bought
a bunch of daffodils too , and all that stuff has been planted . My wife has
wanted a lot of flowers for a long time , and now we're out of the city I
plan to fulfill her wishes .

--
Snag