GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hardening off in windy weather? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/22679-hardening-off-windy-weather.html)

Jon Shemitz 15-05-2003 09:44 PM

Hardening off in windy weather?

The biggest of my tomato starts have been ready for hardening off for
a week or so, but the weather has been so windy that I've been
reluctant to start the hardening off. Today the winds are a BIT
gentler, and the seedlings are getting leggy, so I put them out. After
only about half an hour, they were all blown over and tangled
together.

I brought them back in and no harm seems to have been done, but does
anyone have any tips for hardening off in windy weather?

--

programming and writing http://www.midnightbeach.com
homeschool resources http://www.midnightbeach.com/hs