Old 05-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Bpyboy

Default good hot sauce recipes?

Hi guys,
I just finished planting my "little corner of hell," about twenty of the
HOTTEST peppers available.

I like spicy foods, but not "stoopid hot", something that you can still control
to heat up a bowl of chili for example.

Any good suggestions on how to do it (to store the enormous amounts that will
most likely be here pretty soon)?

My neighbor said he just takes the Habeneros, Jalepenos, Tabascos, and whatever
else he has, a clove of garlic, a bit of salt, and vinegar, and boils it all up
for about 20 minutes, then liquifies the whole mess in a blender, and finally
hot water cans it.

any other ideas?

thanks
Old 05-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Lisa J Gehl

If I remember correctly, my hubby told me an authentic hot sauce doesn't have vinegar in it. I don't really care either way and you can compare if you want. Tapatio is a brand that doesn't have vinegar. If you want, I can see what ingredients they use.

I have never made homemade hot sauce, more like chunky salsa and I use jalapeños, green pepper, serranos and a variety of other hot peppers, not habenero though, I'm not that brave, or stupid as you say. LOL Then tomatoes, onions, garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt....that's all I can think of.

--
Lisa

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
Anyone have any good pear recipes? Lilah Morgan[_2_] Edible Gardening 6 22-09-2008 02:28 AM
Tomatillo Recipes - 1 Pasta Sauce & 2 Salsa Verde EV Edible Gardening 2 07-10-2003 01:27 AM
Hot Sauce Question Steve Edible Gardening 0 23-02-2003 04:27 AM