GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   radish greens (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/32236-radish-greens.html)

Simon Stenkle 16-06-2003 02:32 AM

radish greens

I just got through thinning my radish plants. Does anybody eat the greens?

simon

Colin Davidson 16-06-2003 04:04 PM

radish greens

"Simon Stenkle" wrote in message
I just got through thinning my radish plants. Does anybody eat the

greens?

I eat the greens. They stir fry really well, but are a bit too strongly
flavoured to be to everyones tastes, especially in salads.

Frogleg 16-06-2003 04:04 PM

radish greens

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 01:29:13 GMT, "Simon Stenkle"
wrote:

I just got through thinning my radish plants. Does anybody eat the greens?

You betcha. Sprouts in salad; nice fresh leaves of mature plants
stir-fried with garlic.

Phaedrine Stonebridge 20-07-2003 04:42 AM

radish greens

In article ,
"Colin Davidson" wrote:

"Simon Stenkle" wrote in message
I just got through thinning my radish plants. Does anybody eat the

greens?

I eat the greens. They stir fry really well, but are a bit too strongly
flavoured to be to everyones tastes, especially in salads.

This can often be overcome by blanching them ever so briefly, draining
them and then stir-frying. This also works for some of the other
stronger greens like mustard. It leeches out some of the bitterness.
Younger greens are not s strong usually.