Old 16-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Simon Stenkle

Default radish greens

I just got through thinning my radish plants. Does anybody eat the greens?

simon

Old 16-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Colin Davidson

"Simon Stenkle" wrote in message
I just got through thinning my radish plants. Does anybody eat the

greens?

I eat the greens. They stir fry really well, but are a bit too strongly
flavoured to be to everyones tastes, especially in salads.

Old 16-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 01:29:13 GMT, "Simon Stenkle"
wrote:

I just got through thinning my radish plants. Does anybody eat the greens?

You betcha. Sprouts in salad; nice fresh leaves of mature plants
stir-fried with garlic.
Old 20-07-2003, 04:42 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

In article ,
"Colin Davidson" wrote:

"Simon Stenkle" wrote in message
I just got through thinning my radish plants. Does anybody eat the

greens?

I eat the greens. They stir fry really well, but are a bit too strongly
flavoured to be to everyones tastes, especially in salads.

This can often be overcome by blanching them ever so briefly, draining
them and then stir-frying. This also works for some of the other
stronger greens like mustard. It leeches out some of the bitterness.
Younger greens are not s strong usually.

Eating radish greens Jim Carlock Gardening 19 28-12-2004 11:36 PM
Growing radish Sue Gardening 2 15-05-2003 11:08 PM
harvesting radish seeds Tom Elliott Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
radish for all seasons John Savage Australia 1 01-04-2003 01:32 PM
Chinese or Japanese Icicle Radish Paul England United Kingdom 4 27-01-2003 02:32 PM