GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chives (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/33980-chives.html)

tippy1 25-06-2003 01:32 AM

Chives

I'm still trying to find out why my chives are so skinny. I've
got 5 pots of them and they are all the same. Any ideas?
--

Squire

Lorenzo L. Love 25-06-2003 02:08 AM

Chives

tippy1 wrote:
I'm still trying to find out why my chives are so skinny. I've
got 5 pots of them and they are all the same. Any ideas?

What do you think chives are supposed to look like?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"We recognize, however dimly, that greater efficiency, ease, and
security may come at a substantial price in freedom, that law and order
can be a doublethink version of oppression, that individual liberties
surrendered for whatever good reason are freedom lost."
Walter Cronkite, in the preface to the 1984 edition of 1984

George 25-06-2003 03:20 AM

Chives

They might be root-bound. Put them in the ground and let them spread
out.

John DeBoo 25-06-2003 03:20 AM

Chives

tippy1 wrote:
I'm still trying to find out why my chives are so skinny. I've
got 5 pots of them and they are all the same. Any ideas?

I may be wrong here but I believe chives are normally skinny, like
in the 1/8" thick range. As are mine...