Old 25-06-2003, 01:32 AM
tippy1

Default Chives

I'm still trying to find out why my chives are so skinny. I've
got 5 pots of them and they are all the same. Any ideas?
--

Squire
Old 25-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

tippy1 wrote:
I'm still trying to find out why my chives are so skinny. I've
got 5 pots of them and they are all the same. Any ideas?

What do you think chives are supposed to look like?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"We recognize, however dimly, that greater efficiency, ease, and
security may come at a substantial price in freedom, that law and order
can be a doublethink version of oppression, that individual liberties
surrendered for whatever good reason are freedom lost."
Walter Cronkite, in the preface to the 1984 edition of 1984

Old 25-06-2003, 03:20 AM
George

They might be root-bound. Put them in the ground and let them spread
out.

Old 25-06-2003, 03:20 AM
John DeBoo

tippy1 wrote:
I'm still trying to find out why my chives are so skinny. I've
got 5 pots of them and they are all the same. Any ideas?

I may be wrong here but I believe chives are normally skinny, like
in the 1/8" thick range. As are mine...

The 10 Worst Chives of 2002 harvest dancer sci.agriculture 1 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
garlic chives shazzbat United Kingdom 8 09-03-2003 10:11 PM
garlic chives - an excellent slug trap Mike Gilmore United Kingdom 0 08-03-2003 07:45 AM
tomato, chives, basil, parsley varieties Joel Edible Gardening 3 04-03-2003 10:27 PM
tomato, chives, basil, parsley varieties Joel Edible Gardening 0 24-02-2003 10:03 PM